Shir Chadash – Our Best Principles
- Our Welcoming – B’ruchim Ha-Ba’im ברוכים הבאים
- Our Spirituality – Ruach Ve-Shirah רוח ושירה
- Our Conscience – Tikkun Olam תקון עולם
- Our Education – Limmud Lishmah למוד לשמה
- Our Children – Am Yisrael Chai עם ישראל חי
- Our Relationships – Kavod Va-Chesed כבוד וחסד
- Our Space – Makom Kadosh מקום קדוש
Welcome to Shir Chadash Conservative Congregation, serving Conservative Judaism in New Orleans for over 50 years. As a traditional, egalitarian synagogue we are committed to the idea that all Jews should be able to take full part in the beauty of Jewish life and that all Jews should be given an equal role in Jewish Prayer. Shir Chadash is a dynamic, vibrant congregation formed in 1999 through the union of Tikvat Shalom and Chevra Thilim. We are excited about the growth in our synagogue, and in the Jewish community of Greater New Orleans. Our community is committed to learning, to supporting each other, and to being a warm and welcoming place for all who join with us. If you are new to our community, and have questions or would like to become involved in the many volunteer opportunities available, please free to contact us.
Shabbat Services: Friday at 6:15 pm (8:00 pm during July) and Saturday 9:30 am
Minyans on Wednesday mornings at 7:00 am and Sunday mornings at 9:15 am; breakfast following both Minyans.
Shir Chadash is proud to be an inclusive community